CAMPUS MAGAZINE: I am not a Virgin
Date posted: October 1, 2008
1) Losing your virginity does not mean that you are a slut
2) Having sex with a man you love makes you human – nothing less and nothing more.
3) We live in a society that loves lies and is in love with liars … you are better than them … way better.
4) God is not a God of hatred and punishment … God is loving and forgiving … God does not look at your outside … veil or no veil is not the question … God looks at your inside and at your actions … do not let anyone tell you otherwise.
5) The guilt you feel will not stay in Egypt when you go to the US … it will come with you … you gave it a home in your heart and it will only stay there as long as you let it.
6) Do not let one mistake control your life and decisions … I want you to look ahead, think of the future … be successful and happy.
7) The right man will never judge you and will never use this to hurt you … the right man will understand and will love you for who you are and as you are.
8) This guy you like … do you like him because you know him and you have talked before so you think he is right for you? Or do you like him because he is your last hope of getting out of Egypt?
9) Out of experience … Egyptian men living in the states are the worst type of men … they look open minded … they sound cool … but most of them still have a peasant inside of them … they are even worse because when they left Egypt … girls and guys did not have sex … and now they just do not understand that the society has changed … so this guy will have as much sex as he wants in the US and then come to Egypt to pick a virgin bride!
10) My last advice to you is … be strong … do not let the society defeat you … do not let guilt and shame take over your life. Virginity or the lack of it does not make you anything but who you decide to make out of yourself. Decency, integrity, respect, and modesty are far deeper qualities than a piece of skin.