Ask Marwa: Married Man wants Out
Date posted: August 19, 2010
I am a married man and I used to love my wife. After all those years I found out that she does not love me. My problem is that I have plenty of emotions and a lot of love to give. My wife is distant, cold, and I am sick of our life together. We no longer talk and I want to divorce her. She made me hate her. Thank you
Dear Married Man
What is the purpose of your email? Why did you write to me?
- Do you want to make your marriage work?
- Do you want to put in the effort and make it work?
- Do you want someone to tell you to get a divorce?
- Do you want to end this marriage?
- Do you want someone to tell you that it is ok to have an affair?
- Are you already having an affair?
You should not be talking to me. You should be talking to your wife, telling her how you feel, listening to her reasons, then agree with her whether to end the marriage or to work on it.